Rules of Flight Compensation
EU law establishes the rules of Flight Compensation. They include for the passengers three assistance of flight delay. Let’s talk about the process How to Claim Flight Delay Compensation!
Condition of Compensation
The time duration of flight delay is either three hours or more than three hours. That is the fault of airline’s. If the Flight is cancelled, the airline should provide either alternative flight or full refund. If the airline do not provide this service, you will eligible to claim your compensation.
Flight Types of Compensation
Compensation has different categories
- A flight of not more than 1500 km in distance.
- The flight under the EU is more than 1500 km in distance.
- The flight not under the EU is more than 3500 km.
- From 0 to 1500 km distance the compensation amount is almost 250 euro.
- From 1500 to 3500 km distance the compensation amount is almost 400 euro.
- More than 3500 km distance the compensation is almost 600 euro.
Duration of flight delay compensation
Basically the rules of the of directive do not give the duration of flight delay compensation. This duration varies to individual country’s claim terms. Here we show the duration of flight delay some country:
- One Year: Belgium, Poland.
- Two Years: Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Latvia, Netherlands, Iceland.
- Three Years: Austria, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Portugal, Norway, Czech Republic, Romania.
- Five Years: Bulgaria, France, Greece, Hungary, Spain.
- Six Years: Cyprus, Ireland, United Kingdom.
- Ten Years: Luxembourg.
- Lifetime: Malta.
Method of payment compensation
There are different ways to pay compensation
- Paid in cash
- Electronic bank transfer
- Bank draft
- Paid in travel vouchers
- Other methods
Time of Flight Delay
If the duration of Flight Delay is more than three hours. The airline must take care to you. The service of take care is included following lists:
- Food and drink must be provided according to the length of flight delay.
- The airline should provide you to free phone calls.
- If the flight delay overnight , you may need to go back hotel. The airline must provide the transport to reach your hotel.
Demo of the Flight Delay Compensation Letter
[Your address here]
[Reference: flight number]
I am writing to you in connection with the above flight on which I was booked to travel on [date].
The flight was supposed to depart from [departure airport] at [time] and arrive at [arrival airport] at [time], but it was [delayed by x hours].
Under the EU Denied Boarding Regulation 261/2004 I am entitled to the sum of €[the amount you are claiming – use the table above] in compensation and look forward to receiving the sterling equivalent within the next 14 days.
I include a copy of my ticket[s].
How to Claim Flight Delay Compensation?
First of all, you will need either a Flight Ticket or a flight booking confirmation ticket. You will also need a passport to submit your claim. Then you fill out the form which flight compensation site you want to submit your claim. Their support team check all necessary legal measures. Then receive your compensation from those Airline.